Welcome to the Masakh'iSizwe Bursary Programme
Who can apply for a bursary?
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Students accepted at the relevant tertiary institutions
- Must be studying OR accepted to study full-time, within one of the aforementioned fields of study (Degree or Diploma studies) at a Higher Education Institution in the Western Cape.
- Preference will be given, but not limited to: - Persons with disabilities, the financially disadvantaged, female learners and applicants from the Western Cape.
Which bursaries are offered through the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme?
Masakh’iSizwe offers bursaries for full-time studies towards a degree or diploma in the transport, engineering and built environment disciplines, these include amongst others :
- Property Studies
- Transport Economics/Studies
- Town/City and Regional Planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
What does the bursary cover?
The bursary programme will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition Fees
- All prescribed books and materials
- Support Programmes
- Accommodation and meals (or transport costs)
Where can the bursaries be taken up?
The Masakh'iSizwe Bursary is only relevant for Higher Education Institutions in the Western Cape. The students can apply for the bursaries at the following institutions :
- NOTICE: Application closing date for the 2024 academic year will be 31 August 2023. No late applications will be accepted.
- NOTICE: A Physical application form can be downloaded from our website (www.westerncape.gov.za/masakhisizwe) or requested should you be unable to complete the online application. Contact information below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Only applicable to youth envisaging to study or studying full-time in disciplines relating to transport, engineering and built environment.
- Please ensure that you have applied for acceptance at Higher Education Institutions within the Western Cape.
- Separate applications must be submitted for different universities or more than one study discipline at the same university.
- If your application is submitted via a company as a Bursary Collaboration Venture (BCV) Partner Application, it means the Department has a bursary collaboration venture agreement with the company not with the relevant student or applicant.
- Please visit our website for a list and explanation of the compulsory documents that will be required with the submission of your bursary application: www.westerncape.gov.za/masakhisizwe
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Infrastructure Masakh’iSizwe Office directly:
Tel: 0214830964 Tel 2: 0214839545 Email: DoIBursary@westerncape.gov.za
Address:23rd floor, 9 Lower Burg Street, The Box, Cape Town, 8001